Most young people have busy schedules. When they are in the market for a new car, life can get even more stressful. Depending on the situation, they may be out of a car until they are able to secure financing through a credit union or bank. This not only makes day-to-day life much more difficult, but makes the auto buying process more difficult as well.
Credit Unions Vs. Banks
In regards to financing, credit unions are easier to deal with because they sometimes work with an auto concierge service to personalize the car buying experience. Furthermore, credit unions typically lend to members more frequently than banks would, especially in today’s rough economic climate. So that begs to question what is an Auto Concierge and how do credit unions use them to improve the auto buying experience?
What Is an Auto Concierge?
Hasn’t everyone wondered at one time or another, what it would be like to have a personal assistant? With an auto concierge service, she will finally live her dream! A concierge is basically a person who takes over the car buying process. First, the client will let the concierge know exactly what they are looking for in a vehicle. Some important aspects to include are:
- Style – With only one or two kids, a nice sedan might do. More kids may equal a larger SUV or minivan.
- Transmission – Will an automatic transmission be the best option, or should the concierge look for a car with a manual transmission?
- Engine – Running errands around town may only require a 4-Cylinder. If long, rugged family trips are planned, a V6 or V8 engine might be more appropriate.
- Luxury – Air conditioning and heating may be a must to some clients, and a good sound system might be important to others.
Once the concierge has an understanding of what the client is looking for, he will set out as the fact finder and personal negotiator in order to find the perfect car. He will work directly with dealers to get the most current MSRP prices, as well as incentives that the dealership may have going on at that particular time.
After going over the details with the client, allowing her to make a final decision on a car, the concierge will book an appointment for the client to meet with the dealership in order to finish up the paperwork and drive away in her new car.
Benefits of an Auto Concierge Service
- Concierges have access to various lenders, affinity groups, and credit unions around the nation.
- Concierges have pre-negotiated prices with the dealerships.
- A concierge knows what skills to use to get clients the best deal.
Additionally, using a concierge frees up time so that busy individuals not only have time to take care of their home and family, but have time to pamper themselves as well.